Friday 12 May 2017

This time last year

I was sat in Costa earlier having a hot chocolate and I had a flashback to this time last year.  I would of been having a drink before going to see Rosie my counsellor. I always had a costa before I saw her to help calm me down.

I am now out of therapy, Have been since July last year, I am in a better place. I still have my down days but the suicidal thoughts and wanting to die are not as strong as the urges and thoughts I had last year. I had a really bad patch where I wrapped a cable around my neck and pulled it tight till I felt dizzy. I just wanted everything to fade away and I Just thought that was the way out, I obviously stopped myself, and I am here to tell the story.

I wonder what Rosie would say now, I am in a job I love and I feel I have come so far from last year. I feel like I am starting to love myself and my anxiety is not as bad as it used to be.

So my final thoughts are that no matter how hard things may seem now, with the right support and help it does get better. And never feel like you cannot get back up from the bottom. It does get easier and I really believe talking therapy is a brilliant way to get the help needed. I know I owe everything to Rosie and I am so grateful I found the company that gave me her as my therapist, She was caring and understood and I will always be grateful for them and for me pulling the cable off because I have so much more to live for and a reason to be here. I still have so much in life I want to do and so many people who I want to meet and see.


No comments:

Post a Comment