Friday 24 February 2017

Bullying and my own personal experience

I don't know if anyone saw This Morning yesterday but they had a bit on bullying and Cyber bullying. The two teenagers had committed suicide after being cyber bullied. It's awful and heartbreaking especially as they had younger siblings. I have experienced cyber bullying and bullying at school and work too. So I am posting here to tell my story and also try to give advice to anyone who is going through it themselves.

I was bullied at secondary school so from age 11 to age 16. It was a mixture of boys and girls. I got physically beaten several times, and the verbal was pretty much constant. It got worse when I had braces fitted, Then it really was every single day. I got attacked on the bus home and so called friends would not even make an attempt to help or stand up for me. 

I think that the bullying has lead to my depression and anxiety and I thought that a grown adult would not be capable of it but I was so wrong.

I had a boss at work who I won't name but she made work hell. So much so I got signed off with severe depression and anxiety and ended up having 6 months off from work and medications and counselling. She would tell me I was scruffy and I needed to learn how to use an iron and things like that. 

I want to help people with this blog and I am going to try my hardest to give the right advice and links where people can go and get help if they need it.

Bullying uk

Kidscape

Anti Bullying alliance

Childline


These two videos are the videos mentioned above from This Morning. This Morning

Please always remember.............. YOUR WORDS AND ACTIONS HAVE Consequences

No comments:

Post a Comment